DNAVIEW DNA Profile Calculator
Stain matching computation
(experimental version). New feature, ver 21.14, Nov 98
- Computes DNA profile frequencies quickly on one screen.
- Implements various NRC II options
|NRC 4.4a||(correction for homozygotes, your choice of theta)|
|both 4.4a+b||(correction for heterozygotes as well)|
||(NRC II formula 4.8 with parameter F)
||NRC II formula 4.9 for chance of similar sibling
||Balding & Nichols formula for when suspect &
culprit are in the same subpopulation|
||NRC 4.4a||product||sibling 4.9|
theta or F=||1/100|
|profile matching chance=
|TPO ||9|| ||0.1298|| ||0.01798 ||0.01685 ||0.3191|
|D3S1358 ||16 ||17 ||0.2239 ||0.2239 ||0.1002 ||0.1002 ||0.387|
|VWA ||16 ||18 ||0.2037 ||0.2222 ||0.09053 ||0.09053 ||0.3791|
|DQAI ||11 ||2 ||0.125 ||0.0913 ||0.02284 ||0.02284 ||0.3098|
|pYNH24 ||1684 ||1822 ||0.0607 ||0.0574 ||1/143.5 ||1/143.5 ||0.2813|
- Makes three simultaneous computations in separate columns (your
- Choose any race; databases are chosen according to the established
"defaults," or you are prompted to select a database if there is no
such. Present version uses the same race for all three computations.
- Saves your work and your locus list across sessions.
Choose "Stain matching" from the main menu.
Move among the boxes with keystrokes (space, tab, enter, shift-tab,
arrow keys) or with the mouse.
Entering locus name
Type any abbreviation and the program will guess the locus.
If it cannot guess uniquely, it will pop up a choice box.
Type in alleles as usual. (Only possible on a line that has a locus
NOTE: If the
allele resolution filter (ARF) is defined,
then there will be a warning BEEP for any allele not mentioned in the
Frequencies are calculated automatically, using the usual rules
that are controlled by "Case Options" including "Count this allele
how many times?" Homozygotes are counted double.
- You may override the frequency specification.
- Small numbers e.g. 0.0001 are shown
as 1/ e.g. 1/1000. 1/23e6 means "1 in 23 million".
- You may enter a number by entering its reciprocal e.g. type in
100 to get 1/100. (But you cannot type in the "e" notation.)
means one of the NRC formulas mentioned
above. Choice is
by abbreviation, with pop-up list if the abbreviation is not clear.
can be typed in. The "1/" option also applies here.
So for example if modality=relative and you want to consider a
1/16 relative, just type "16".
For further details inquire to
Charles Brenner, Ph.D.
- Print immediately print a screen.
- Append add this screen to the report.
(Print or save the report later with "Reprint" or with "Ascii".)
- Clear all the alleles, but leave the locus list.
- Clear everything if the allele list is clear (i.e. hit
the "clear" button twice to clear everything).
Other information about DNAVIEW
The DNAVIEW Immigration and Kinship calculator
Forensic mathematics home page